Monday, July 2, 2007

Events Leading to Transformers and Beyond

The news of my colleague leaving back to Singapore prompted me to meet her for a dinner before she leaves. I checked my calendar and found that I was free for Thursday and Saturday. Hence I asked her on the day that she's free. At first she said Thursday but later as I asked another friend I realized that their entire project is going for a movie on Thursday. They're going to watch Transformers on the day it premiers and surprisingly, someone has already bought the tickets. She later confirmed and moved the plan to Friday.

On Wednesday, another colleague of mine in that same project who will be going to watch Transformers on Thursday MSN'ed me asking me if I would like to join for the movie as one of their member was unable to attend. I barely hesitated and accepted the offer. It’s rare to get to watch an epic movie on the day it premiers as well as joining other people's project team in their event.

Hence the day arrives. I told my supervisor that I'll leave office early to catch the movie at 7.45pm in KLCC. I used Google Earth to plot my way to KLCC from TPM. I found the route I wanted to take and started work. The day went by slowly as I count the hours to 6pm. I left the moment it hit 6 and rushed to KLCC thinking that it will be jammed on the highway.

I hit the KL-Seremban highway and found out that I could actually use the SMART Tunnel as it exits on Jalan Tun Razak which is where I wanted to go. I went slow, trying to not miss the turn to the tunnel. I found it, paid the RM2 for it and went on it. Sadly to say, I was very disappointed. Apart from the fact that it was bumpy, there were little to no road signs. And when the sign came up to notify the drivers on which exit to take, its like 100m from the exit.

Thankfully, I was on the right lane and exited correctly without much fuss. However, upon the exit, I was greeted with a minor jam on Jalan Tun Razak. It was quite short as I shortly turned to head to the underground parking of KLCC. Upon parking, I went up to the central court and met up with the project team. We ate at KFC and then wound up at the theatre at 7.30pm. Bought popcorn and headed in for the cinema.

Upon 5 minutes into the show, suddenly the lights came on and the screen went black. The people in the cinema showed their anger but shortly a voice came over the speaker "Ladies and Gentleman, we regret.....*static* *static* *clicks* *crackle*..." and then silence. Shortly, the door opened and someone said sorry and apologised. We waited for about another 5 minutes before the movie came back on and it was smooth all the way. It was really an awesome movie. Although the fight scenes are a little too fast and confusing at parts, but the movie is still awesome nonetheless. Thumbs up for it.

After the movie, I had the chance to fetch two lovely girls back to their homes. Although a little apprehensive, I did it anyway as I have to eventually get over this fear in me. The drive was quite scary and weird. For starters, I was not very sure of the road out of KLCC. I just know that I need to head for the Jalan Tun Razak exit. I eventually reached there and drove them back. However while driving, I just couldn't feel comfortable. Its like I have my parents sitting beside me and pressuring me to not drive fast, to avoid the potholes etc. I suppose it’s my responsibility to ensure that my passengers feel comfortable in the ride.

I dropped one off at 1 Utama and another at a condo facing the LRT terminal. (Sorry, I can't remember the name of the place as of now). All in all it felt great fetching them back as I'm one step closer to overcoming my fears. I sighed in relief as I left her place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did okay. :)

Leto said...

Thanks :)

Glad I could help. Although okay sounds a little bit low. How about great or excellent or awesome? :P

Haha... just joking... :P

nitsuj said...

my guess is you did great... ;-)