Monday, August 13, 2007

Why Do I Worry So Much?

It has come to my attention recently that I worry a lot about things and people around me. I worry that I will not wake up one day, I worry that I might get rejected one day, I worry for the people I like/love, I worry that something bad will happen to them, I worry that I may get fired and etc etc.

People who know me will know that I always tell people not to worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself which is found from the bible in Matthew 6:34. Well it seems that I do not really practice what I preach. I know that God's hands are into all the things I care about and frankly speaking, His care definitely make mine look small. So why can't I have enough faith to believe that things will be fine?

Its actually kinda like Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars. You have to let go the things you care most about. The fear of losing it will lead to anger and to hate and ultimately to suffering. That is a path I definitely do not seek. I have to let go all these worries and let Him deal with it. I have to trust Him that He will make all things beautiful.

However, I suppose one could put the blame on humans saying that we always fall. We'll always want things for ourselves for our pleasures. The selfish nature of humans will always rely on ourselves rather than God. However I have came to realise that God gave us the keyboard and the mouse to lead ourselves through life and hardships. But, all he asks is that you let go of the keyboard and mouse and let Him control them to guide you to the end. It is a tough thing to do and it always requires constant reminders that He's the boss and that we need to believe that he will eventually give us a better life far more than we could hope for.

This post is a reminder for me to keep on believing in Him and let Him control the things I cannot control.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I’m not one for quoting biblical passages, but I do know this saying about letting things go. Not too sure where I’ve heard it before though.

“Love is like a bird. If you squeeze it with you hands, not willing to let it go in fear of losing it, the bird will die eventually. But if you let it go and have faith it will come back to you, then you’ve known true love”.

Leto said...

Interesting analogy... The hard part I guess is to have faith that the bird will eventually come back and in one piece.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Errmm... or straight away fly into another hand. Buwahahahahahaha!

Mischique said...

Sometimes I find it really hard to just let go and put all my faith in the Lord to make things right. I know I shouldn't doubt Him but sometimes I just can't help myself :(