Saturday, August 25, 2007

Patience is a virtue

Today was actually the only day of which I actually got stuck in jam for 2 hours with me on the wheel. It really sucks. Today is my colleague's last day of work and we decided to have a farewell dinner for her in KLCC. As a result of that, I have to drive down to KLCC from TPM (Technology ark Malaysia) @ Bukit Jalil to KL. Though the route is simple, one straight road to KL via the KL-Seremban highway, it's normally very jam during the peak hours.

I was about to leave at 6 to try to beat the jam and attempt to reach KLCC at 7pm or later but was delayed till 6.30. Upon leaving the gate at TPM, I was welcomed with a staggering jam. I later found out that SMART Tunnel was closed due to flood water testing. In total It took me 2 hours to get to KLCC rather than the 20-30mins on the SMART Tunnel route. SMART Tunnel really works!

Anyway, the topic today is patience. The 2 jam was actually a test of patience. It is annoying to drive through the jam and try to be there early. But, more often than not, we actually need to have patience to go through the things in everyday live. We wait for the web pages to load, we wait for the transport to arrive, we wait for programs to run, we wait our food to arrive, we wait for Heroes to be released and also we wait for the right one to come along.

As most of you know, I have a 7 year commitment to fulfill. I'm holding on to that commitment and hope to see it pass so that I may get into a relationship. This post is a reminder for me that I need to have this patience for 4 more months. I just have to rely on His timing.

No comments: