Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blog Title Changed

It is time to move on from being known as the 1337 geek to be a normal ordinary person. Let's face it, having leet talk on my blog will not enable me to find girls. "Its too geeky," as some of you may have put it.

Last time, some asked me why did I put "Being Ub3r 1337 H4x0R" as my blog title. My reply was, "that's because I'm being Ub3r 1337 H4x0R". That was almost my answer to all questions addressed to me. I even almost said it in one of my job interviews.

"Tell me about yourself"

- "Sir, I am Ub3r 1337 H4x0r."

Good thing I didn't say it. Although if he's a pro gamer, he would have understood it and laugh at it but I would definitely not get the job.

So now you may ask, why the sudden change of the blog title? Well, to simply answer that, it has come a time where I don't find it as attractive and funny as the time I put it up. I find it childish and seem to have grown out of it. It is also apparent that I'm still learning (Ancora Imparo) to be a better person and it need not be broadcasted to the whole world about it.



Anyway, I would like to apologise for the lack of updates to this blog. I've been rather busy lately where I have plans the moment I come back from work. When I do come back, I'm so tired that I don't feel like looking at the computer screen anymore. Here are some small updates on what I've done:

  • 20th Sept
    I attended our project's New Promotes Dinner at Pantai Seafood Restaurant. We booked a total of 3 tables with about the attendance of 28 people celebrating 4 new promotes. We had lala, prawns, fish, chicken and crabs bringing the total to about RM1100 for all 3 tables.

  • 22th Sept
    We had a poolside BBQ party for our project at Casa Indah. There was an assorted set of food ranging from fish, pork chop, chicken wings, prawns and sausages. I didn't stay for long as I've got a meeting with my ex classmates from 5 Keruing 2002. I drove to Curve to meet them at Fridays. I arrived too late to order anything and hence headed for Clement's house to chat and reminisce old times. Clement opened up 3 bottles of wine and the 9 of us downed all of it over a period of 2hours. We had a good time remembering the days in school and even remembered where each of us sat in the classroom. Its great to see some are already working and some are still studying and one got married. But all in all, it was a great time seeing all of them again.

  • 24th Sept
    I had dessert with Allan Chong, Tzzy Jian and Liwan in secret recipe. Though they mostly talked about their preparation for their studies in UK, it was great to see all of them again. I for one was very pleased to see that Liwan is still pretty much the same as last time. The person who upholds various principles and hold on to it even with the many distractions. Tzzy Jian as usual still say the same old phrase "Focus la bro.." and now it seems I've learned a new phrase "Kiak!". Allan is still rather the same and its great to get to see them before they all fly back to UK.

That's it for now, I'll try to update more frequently from now on though I can give no guarantees. Do let me know what you think of the new blog title though.

2 comments:

Mischique said...

Hey my friend got a job with Microsoft after the interviewer found out that he was an accomplished player in WoW.

Leto said...

Hi Brenda...

Got such thing?? Hmmm... Interesting. But i'm quite sure its not purely based on the fact that he played WoW...