Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Merdeka Weekend

Over the Merdeka weekend, it was fun, celebrative and painful.

I suppose the first question that comes to your mind would be why I said it was painful. Well, simply because after our Home-Evangelism in Kay Yeow's house, on the way back to my car, my right ankle was sprained when my foot hit an uneven surface of the road. The immediate sharp pain made me sat on the hot tarmac floor instantly moaning about the pain. I was forced to get up shortly after that because the tarmac was extremely hot. I limped to my car and sat there for a few minutes while I wait for the pain to subside. It didn't and I had to drive home using my left leg to brake as I couldn't move my right leg to the left to step on it. Suffice to say, I had to live with the pain for 3 days before able to walk (rather normally) on the third day. I still feel the extreme pain while walking down the stairs though.

Anyway, on the plus side, Home-E was really great! Ever since the Home-E's I've have with the youths, I always thought that it would be very evangelical or the leader would try really hard to try to sneak in things about Jesus or share John 3:16 with the non believers. This time however was different. We first arrived and had lunch at about 12. Here are the various food we had in our Home-E

Bread & Butter Pudding & Tuna Sandwiches

Nasi Lemak & KFC & Fried Meehoon

Satay

After lunch, we played Taboo where we had lots of laughter and fun. Kay Yeow then had us all sit together and he began to share about how he met his friend Eric and what was his memorable moment. Jin Mei followed suite and Kay Yeow then shared a little about how God has helped him and his family through the years from his forefathers coming to Malaysia and how he ended up with a job, family and daughter. He ended the meeting by asking the non believers to come to his cell on Wednesday if they want to find out about Jesus. We then separated the food to be tapau'ed and left shortly after that.

On Sunday, all of us went to our new church, Dream Centre. Since it was my first time there, my first impression was that it is really really huge! I was so lost there that I couldn't find people that I know. Eventually I managed to contact Lemuel and we both sat upstairs. The sound is great, the projector is awesome, I love the moving lights and the seat with the foldable writing pad is brilliant! It is indeed a dream church.

The size of the main auditorium is huge

The balcony

For once after so many years, we manage to have a service lasting more than 2 hours although my leg was screaming in pain as I had to lean my weight to the left leg. But all in all, it’s really a wonderful place. I can't help but wonder what phase 2 will be like...

Ps: I apologise for the poor quality of the images

2 comments:

starlightliz said...

NASI LEMAK!! WAH!! PLS GET ME HEAPS OF M'sian food when I come back!!!

Leto said...

Ok... do let me know when you're back... :)