Monday, May 12, 2008

2 Days of Freedom!

Whoa! I just got back from a really really cool weekend. I had the opportunity to go for a festival for 2 days in Port Dickson to witness Tiesto's Elements Of Life Tour in Malaysia! In addition, several other famous DJ's were there such as Ferry Corsten, Cosmic Gate and several other upcoming DJ's. They all played different music and styles with various displays and pyrotechnics which provided a very uplifting and energetic atmosphere.

However, for both nights, Tiesto only came out at about 12AM when we've all already used up most of our energy cheering, shouting and jumping for the earlier DJ's making us less energetic for Tiesto. It is such a shame that Tiesto didn't put up much of a performance on Friday due to some inconsiderate people shining bright lasers into his face and eyes while he's performing. Nevertheless, he still put on quite a show but it wasn't until Saturday night that it was the best! Below are some of the videos taken for the event. I bought a 4GB SDHC Card for my camera to enable me to record 90 minutes of the event. I was able to record about 70minutes before my battery gave way. Enjoy the following:


Cosmic Gate - Nebula + Everything (Freedom 08 EOL Tour)


Tiesto - 10 Seconds to Sunrise (Freedom 08 EOL Tour)


Tiesto - Break My Fall (Freedom 08 EOL Tour)


Tiesto - Elements Of Life (Freedom 08 EOL Tour)


He's a Pirate (Freedom 08 EOL Tour)


Tiesto - Adagio For Strings (Freedom 08 EOL Tour)

You will notice that I did not have any videos taken on the Friday night (9/5) as I thought cameras were not allowed in the concert hall. I only brought it in on Saturday for the recordings. I apologise for the poor video quality especially on the first Tiesto video (10 Seconds to Sunrise). This is due to the fact that i over zoom in and soomehow the camera was not set to focus on Tiesto but rather on the stage. For the other videos it's a little jerky as I was constantly shaken by people walking and pushing about their way to the front as well as me jumping or moving to the beat. Nevertheless, the audio is still pretty awesome!

I look forward to future occurance of such concerts and would gladly welcome other DJ's like Armin Van Buuren or DJ Shah or Aly and Fila to come and show their stuff and play their music. The choice I made to go to the concert is not a mistake and I hope that my videos will encourage and grow the community of trance fans.

No comments: