Friday, May 11, 2007

Respect or n00b?

I like to live my principles although there are many situations in life where you would have to cross the boundaries and compromise less you be called a wimp or n00b. Hence this is the case for me lately. My principles tells me that I should not be caught in a situation where I'll be alone with a member of the opposite sex. Be it for a meal together or even a car ride together.

My belief is that if I were to adhere to this principle, I'm showing respect for the other party by not compromising each other's feelings and remain professional. Cause many things could happen when 2 members of the opposite sex are placed together. In the lustful world today, even 6 graders could have sex in school what more adults. One thing could lead to another and before you know, you're in too deep. So it is imperative that one should not be caught in a situation like that. Why arouse temptation when it is not called for?

However, many people see this as a sign of wimpyness or not 1337 H4x0r (aka n00b). They could argue that what the heck will happen in that short time spent together? And if one party already has a partner already, it should not happen.

This is why I'm opening the question to you all. Being Uber 1337 H4x0r, I can't be seen a n00b. So the question is this: does this principle show respect for the opposite sex or does it show a sign of a wimp? Would love to hear all your comments.

2 comments:

starlightliz said...

hMM I think diff people would have different perspectives on standards on boundaries. You have urs and it may differ to other... it's different than mine. But that doesn't mean that we don't have boundaries.. just how strict.. how much boundaries u've put and whether it is healthy or her detrimental to the relationship. Whether is shows favor to God or not.. so it's not a 1 answer thing on whether it's right or wrong.. Most importantly the motive.. why u're doing what u're doing..

You're definitely not a noob. I think it's only out of respect that you're doing it :) which is the right motives, intentions etc.

Leto said...

Thanks Liz!! Really appreciate it. Well maybe next time I'll be a bit more flexible and not so rigid... haha... :)