Monday, May 7, 2007

Wrong Usages for Things Created...

Haha, about a few months ago a friend of mine told me about something he noticed on certain people using certain things. He told me that he noticed that most people use umbrella not when its raining but when its shining brightly. I belive we've all been taught from young even at kindergardens that umbrella is used for the rain.

Something like this

Ok I'm quite sure most people know where that picture came from. Haha. Anyway back to the point, from there I noticed that there are many things we use but its not originally meant to do. I came out with a list and here goes:

  • Newspaper is used for shielding oneself from the rain (note the irony of people using newspaper instead of an umbrella)
  • Fans are used to dry clothes
  • TV is for console games like PS3, XBox 360 and Wii
  • Lights are used to scare off robbers


    I know that there are many more to add to the list, but this is all I can think off at the moment. Hehe.. Do comment on any things you noticed about people using various things for doing things its not meant to originally do.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    See, thing is, umbrellas are used in the hot sun to prevent glare from getting in your eyes. If not umbrella, then books, paper, whatever.

    Leto said...

    Hi Jinny... I know umbrella can be used to prevent glare from getting into your eyes but isn't sunglasses suppose to do that? Which is easier to carry around? :)